[Tfug] Linux Mint 12/Gnome 3

Mike Patrick mike.a.patrick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:11:12 MST 2011

I have to agree with this. I just installed Mint 12, and was dreading
the Gnome experience after a pretty sketchy time using G3 when it was
first released, but this implementation is really slick. It works
great on a netbook screen, but has enough detail to keep it functional
on a full size desktop. Mint 12 also has MATE (a Gnome 3 compatible
version of Gnome 2) and MGSE which are extensions for things like a
panel and dock on top of Gnome 3 which make it WAY more useable. I
heartily endorse.

MP