[Tfug] Distrob that's set up to use webcams with flash

Ed Wilson debed at debed.com
Thu May 19 21:24:35 MST 2011

I have been out of Linux/Unix for a few years. I used it at work but only at
the command line level and only as a user, not an administrator.

I have a couple of questions about Linux that I would like to ask of those
of you that stuck with it over the years if you don't mind.
Has Linux come along far enough that it will run programs that were written
for Windows? Specifically Macromedia Dreamweaver and Corel Draw 7. These are
fairly old programs but they both serve my purposes very well and I simply
don't want to invest any more money on this type of software when these work
just fine for me.

There was a Linux (not free) called "Linspire" or something that would run a
Windows 98 sub-system or something like that. I almost bought that but
things changed and I never got around to it.

Is Linux still a fairly stable OS, that is to say, does each distribution
have massive changes such as Windows XP to Windows 7. I just underwent this
"change" and I am not a happy camper. I was able to handle Windows 95-XP but
Windows 7 sucks. I don't care what features it has, the program interface is
ALL DIFFERENT and I see no reason to learn everything allover again to
please the Microsoft marketing idiots.

Anyway, Thanks for the link, I will go to the site and check it out. I
believe it is time to start getting away from M$ as much as possible.

Ed