[Tfug] fsck question

bigj at voipmogul.net bigj at voipmogul.net
Wed Jun 1 20:58:35 MST 2011

So after a reboot my system decided it needed to fsck an ext3 volume
used for data and it has found errors like this:

Inode 1245190 has illegal block(s).  Clear<y>?

In all my years I've just cleared the block but since this data has a
little more importance I figured I would ask, should I be clearing this?
My hunch is clearing that bad blocks will most likely ruin whatever data
resided there. Correct? Any other actions I can take?

--
Jon