[Tfug] cinelerra trouble

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri Jul 8 15:32:38 MST 2011

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: [Tfug] cinelerra trouble
From: Linux Media <linuxmedia2 at aim.com>
To: tfug at tfug.org
Date: 07/08/2011 01:47 PM

>> Hi all
>> This is my first time posting to the grope.
>> Here is my dilemma . I was using cinelerra to do a bit of video
>> editing in UBUNTU 10.04 did an recommended upgrade then the software
>> would not run
>><snip>

Unless you are already cinelerra literate I would suggest something
simpler. Take a look at "Open Shot" and "Kino". Each have their ups and
downs. I found, after trying lots of different video editing programs
that Kino was the most stable and pretty much did what I wanted. I have
tinkered with Open Shot but have not spent a lot of time with it. It
looks pretty nice, though. Cinelerra was way more complex than I needed.