[Tfug] Ethernet connectivity issues on Ubuntu 10.04

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 08:56:09 MST 2011

I'm seeing some really strange behavior with Ubuntu 10.04 (x86-64).  I have
a box that I setup in a VM that randomly loses network connectivity after
a period of time.  When the box loses connectivity, I can't ping/SSH or
otherwise access the box from the outside.  If I login to the console, I can
still
ping the default gateway.

Since this issue cropped up, I've seen it duplicate on another VM I setup.
 Any ideas?  UFW is disabled, and iptables doesn't show any active rules.

TIA

--
Christopher P Robbins
Phone: (928) 257-6368