[Tfug] My mail domain is being blocked!

Cory Hollingsworth cory at pumpatorium.net
Fri Feb 4 12:48:21 MST 2011

I test for open relays every once in a while.  I'll check it again now.
Nope still not an open relay.

As far as I know, I have never had an open relay.  I test for that when
ever I make a change to the Postfix configuration.  I am also less
concerned about creating an open relay with Postfix than I was with
Sendmail.  I found Sendmail to be difficult to configure.  It has been a
few years since in used Sendmail as a mail server.

My server does more than just mail.  Removing mail from it would not
reduce my electricity costs to any noticeable extent.  I also like the
idea of keeping my data close to me and do not plan on moving my data off
site.

In this day and age of everyone posting everything about them to Facebook,
I might seem like a kook.  But I am a kook who knows where my data is and
how it is secured.  In fact over zealous security measures were the root
cause of my problem in the first place.

Thanks again.