[Tfug] My mail domain is being blocked!

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri Feb 4 09:55:08 MST 2011

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [Tfug] My mail domain is being blocked!
From: Cory Hollingsworth <cory at pumpatorium.net>
To: tfug at tfug.org
Date: 02/03/2011 01:14 PM

> I have just discovered something sad.  I have been running my own mail
> server since 2002 (Linux/Postfix) and both GMail and the PLUG mail list
> are blocking my mail server.  In both cases my mail server cannot connect
> <snip>

Do you know if you have your smtp server setup as an open relay? If so,
many email systems will reject any mail from you. If that is the case
you will need to lock down your postfix server so that only users local
to your network can use it.

If that is not the case, I noticed that someone suggested using someone
like fastmail.fm. I use them and am quite happy. It costs ~$40/yr which
is probably less than what you are spending on electricity to run your
own mail server. In two years I have not had a single problem with them.