[Tfug] Need help on a server performance issue...

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:25:05 MST 2010

> Did you say this was a law office?  And I suspect they are putting all their docs at risk on this server not to mention work stoppage as you described.
>
> All to save $1500 - $2000 every two or three years?

Exactly.    At most offices I've seen, I can easily point to a few
hundred dollars of hardware that should be purchased that will pay for
itself within it's lifespan.

At the desktop level, going from a 400w tower with 100w monitor to an
under 50w small form factor and 30w LCD panel is a substantial win in
terms of power and cooling required.   Similar savings can be had on
servers, especially if consolidating functions and using
virtualization.

- Zack