[Tfug] missing console

erich erich1 at copper.net
Mon Sep 13 09:16:05 MST 2010

OK,
         I have this machine that currently runs with
                           linux-2.6.13-suspend2-r4
I want to upgrade it to:
                           linux-2.6.24-gentoo-r7

         When I install the newer kernel. It boots with grub
and nothing is seen. There is a blank screen, and a prompt
never appears.
          When I shut the box off by pressing & holding the power
button, and then rebooting into the old kernel;  I discover that
the NEW kernel has left message logs. These message logs
show no indication of any panic.
           Any comments?

Cheers,

Erich