[Tfug] WorldCare Yard Sale meetings

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Wed Oct 13 10:27:29 MST 2010

  Wanted to see if there was an any interest in having quarterly TFUG
meetings/ yard sales at WorldCare.  Obviously there would be no beer but
I do have permission to use the facilities for meetings.

The purpose would be to allow TFUG members to look at/ purchase fairly
specialized equipment that has been donated.  Lots of this stuff ( I
believe) may be of interest to TFUG members but few others.  Some of it
is being thrown out and some is being sold to people who have no idea
how to use it.

Examples: Sun workstations/ servers, IBM workstations/ servers, remote
KVMs, remote power control devices, Watchguard firewalls, Netgear
firewalls/ VPN end points, Cisco VOIP phones/ terminal adapters, Cisco
APs, server hot swap power supplies, SCSI array adapters, ECC memory,
Xeon/ Itanium CPUs, SCSI drives and sleds, multiple monitor interfaces,
fiber switches....

Some of this is fun to play with.  Some is good to have for
emergencies.  Some  may have no use for anyone.

Some has been posted at http://store.worldcare.org/catalog/.

(Hope this topic does better than my last one...)

--
Paul Steinbach
MIS Manager

E-mail: MIS at samlevitz.com