[Tfug] GRUB

Kramer Lee krameremark1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 18:56:16 MST 2010

" What a mess, but the D800 runs
just fine off that "unallocatred" IDE drive."

I forgot to mention that I had to  edit menu.lst (or was it
grub.conf?) to change the

hd(0,x) entries and the references to /dev/sdax to point to the new
partition numbers, and change fstab to point the the new parition
numbers for swap and just about everything,  This meant for me to get
rid of the goobledygook long string of numbers UUID and replace them
with /dev/sda7 or whatever.  And I had to do the grub reinstall such
as

grub-install root-directory=/dev/sdax dev/sda

and get the right new number for x and this is for the boot device being sda.