[Tfug] Grub rescue

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 20:52:49 MST 2010

You don't need to create a password for root to be able to run things as root. Just do a
>sudo su
And you will become root without ever having to set up a password for the root account. Way more convenient when running off of a live disk and your settings are lost after every boot.

-john (from a mobile device)