[Tfug] Lost control panel on Drupal after move from testing to live

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 12:43:41 MST 2010

Hi,

I'm stuck with a Drupal problem.  We built a Drupal site
using a sub-domain drupal.xxxxx.tld.  Then when we were ready to make it
 live, basically all I did was change ServerName  from drupal.xxxxx.tld
 to  www.xxxxxxx.tld

We are able to access the site and it
displays the content as expected.  The problem is when I try to log in
to the admin control panel at http://www.xxxxx.tld/admin I am taken to
https://drupal.xxxxx.tld which does not exist. (after completing the
form and clicking submit)  This results in "The webpage cannot be
found".

I have removed the virtual host from the ssl.conf file in
 an attempt to get down to the basics so I can figure out what is going
wrong.

There was a line in the setting.php file : $cookie_domain = 'drupal.xxxxx.tld';  I modified it to read
 $cookie_domain = 'www.xxxxx.tld';

I'm feeling like there is a setting in drupal that I need to modify.  Could that be so?

Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Keith Smith