[Tfug] thesaurus.com restarts xorg/gdm!

Dave Thompson dthomp325 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 15:54:29 MST 2010

I had a similar problem with RHEL Desktop. Some specific sites (TracHacks is
the only one I remember) would consistently kill X when visited with
Firefox. I don't think there's any Flash on TracHacks, so it may be
different, but it was Firefox related. Ironically, I fixed the problem by
moving to Ubuntu, but you might want to try out Chrome, as it's much, much
faster than Firefox anyway. I told the Firefox people it was a bug, and they
told that it was a X.org problem. The X.org people told me it was a Firefox
problem....

-Dave