[Tfug] thesaurus.com restarts xorg/gdm!

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:41:31 MST 2010

So uh, my wife pointed firefox to thesaurus.com and got instantly
presented with gdm greeter! Bye bye unsaved work.

The worst thing is I'm not sure what is actually crashing, i.e. xorg,
gnome-session, etc. This is Ubuntu Lucid on my wife's laptop, and I
found that if I remove flashplugin, it doesn't crash. I'm not one to
expect flash to be stable, but a flashplugin crash should at most
crash the browser and not suddenly restart X resulting in my wife
loosing unsaved data in ooffice etc.

I'd love to file a bug report, so my question is, where do I look to
try to narrow down the possibilities. I see nothing interesting in
syslog, dmesg, xorg.0.log or ~/.xsession-errros and I can't think what
else to check.  Any ideas welcome!

Thanks,
JDR
--