[Tfug] Synchronizing directories.

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 13:58:07 MST 2010

On 05/04/2010 10:26 AM, Matt Jacob wrote:
> On 5/4/10 7:57 AM, John Hubbard wrote:
>> then make the appropriate change on the other machine? Has anyone
>> already written this script? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
>
> Yes, and it's called Unison.
>
> http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
Sorry that it took me such a long time to reply, an overzealous spam
catcher held up the message.  Thanks for the advice.  I have taken a
look at it and I think that it will do exactly what I need.  I have
started playing with it and last night it started scanning a directory
that I asked it to synchronized.  It took it all night to scan the 49GB
directory.  Can you comment on whether or not things get any faster
after it has done its original scan or will it always take that long to run?

--
-john

                 2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
         0b11000100 || !0b11000100
         0b11000100 || 0b00111011
                0b11111111
         255, that is the answer.