[Tfug] CDs: no medium found, DVDs work (sometimes)

Don Freeman dfreeman at pagnet.org
Mon Jun 28 16:54:31 MST 2010

'Cuse me for jumping into the middle here.
I presume you've considered bad/poorly formatted disks?
DVD's seem to be particularly sensitive to format/speed issues.
Some of the newer formats don't work on the older drives.
What are the CD formats you are having trouble with?
Have they been formatted as RW's?
Some of the formatting techniques for CDs leave them unreadable
without the software that formatted them.
Are the sessions open or closed?
Etc.