[Tfug] Android-based phones (was: Reminder to respect one another)

Jon bigj at voipmogul.net
Wed Jun 16 16:01:35 MST 2010

Motorola Droooooooiiiid on Verizon. Running rooted ROM. No problems
whatsoever. I had an iPhone for 13 months and loved it. I however wanted
to try out an equally awesome phone on a better network.

Check out www.androidforums.com for more information on each
manufacturer and to see what their users are saying about the
phones/network.

--
Jon

On 6/16/2010 3:41 PM, Matt Jacob wrote:
> Joe Roberts wrote:
>> Hey I don't know lot about Android.  What phones/hardware are people
>> running it on, and through what providers?  My New Every 2 Verizon thing
>
> I've got an HTC EVO 4G on Sprint, and it's been great so far (about a
> week and a half). I don't particularly care for HTC Sense, but I'm
> considering rooting the phone and installing Android 2.2 on it anyway.
> Battery life wasn't too good until I disabled battery-intensive
> features that I don't use very often (GPS, BT, wi-fi, background data,
> etc.).
>
> Honestly, one of the biggest selling points is the carrier. If you
> don't venture too far from the southwestern U.S., Sprint has the best
> combination of value and service IMO. Even with the $10 "EVO tax", my
> Sprint plan is easily $20-30 cheaper than it would be with Verizon or
> AT&T. I suppose T-Mobile might be the same (or cheaper), but they
> don't have a great reputation AFAIK.
>
> Matt

Jon
www.VoIPmogul.net