[Tfug] Slightly OT but also funny as hell

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 08:18:46 MST 2010

Limiting access?  Censorship?  Interesting.  About 8 years ago a group of us met to discuss formalizing TFUG.  The outcome was no rules and no structure - that was the best way to organize - to not organize and to not do anything formal.

Over the years we have had debates about what was proper and what was not.

I do know we have young minds listening in (reading) and learning from us old minds.  We should keep that in mind.

Since there is no "sheriff" then the towns people will take care of things from time to time.  This is one of those times.  There is a saloon in town and there is a church in town.  Some like the saloon more than church and some are the other way around.  They all make up the community.

I think what some are saying is if you like the saloon that is your business however please keep that type of activity out of the common areas of the community.   In other words please do not bring your saloon gal into the common areas and start smooching on her.  While most of us have been to the saloon and have smooched on a barfly or two, we have moved onto the church side of the community.

I think most of us would agree that we must set a good example for those who are looking up to us and will ultimately emulate us.

I do believe this list is a family list and Linux is a family OS.

So lets get onto something more interesting like a political debate - Isn't that why we are on the Free Unix list?

Keith Smith