[Tfug] Web 2.0 for business...ad nauseum

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Tue Jul 6 11:16:42 MST 2010

Can't put my hands on the recent article from  EWeek/InfoWeek/Network
World .   It was a mock "thank you" letter to Steven Jobs for changing
the expectations of customers.  He stated that 15 seconds is now the
smart phone web standard for responses.  If an I-Phone user does not
receive a response in 15 sec, he says, the user will go to E-mail or
some other task/ distraction.  The editor went so far as to say it was a
natural law much like the speed of light(!).

Don't know the utility of this tool yet.  Didn't know the utility of
LTSP when I first started playing with it either.  Now LTSP thin clients
form the vast majority of our clients - about twice as many as our PCs.
(Without LTSP I would be reloading Windows images instead of lurking on
TFUG...)  For the record, Jive as SAAS is free up to 1,000 users for the
first 45 days.  I try to never pay (or ask permission) for pilots - one
of the glories of Linux.

I fully agree that fast service in and of itself is not a good thing.
Customer expectations drive their satisfaction.  If they expect same-day
delivery, they will be disappointed if they can't have it.  If we (SLF)
as merchants can create an even  higher standard for rapid service
and/or  wonderful service, we can make it difficult for competitors to
gain a foothold in our market.  We get to make the rules for the game.
Ergo Jive....

These are my thoughts until I change my mind.

--
Paul Steinbach
MIS Manager

E-mail: MIS at samlevitz.com