[Tfug] Stopping repeated login attempts

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Wed Jan 27 21:43:12 MST 2010

Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
>>> Sure but I don't know many houses that have ~65000 doors =)
>>> don't think that is a fair?comparison
>>> ?=)?
>> OTOH, you probably don't know many burglars who can
>> kick 1000 doors per second!  ;-)

I would have thought that the "burglars" would have more success overall
if they scan 1000 servers per second rather than spending (in the worst
case) 65 seconds scanning each server that doesn't have SSH at the
default port.

I.e. they would take advantage of the fact that most servers probably
keep SSH at the default port and not waste time on the few that don't.

Andy

--
Andy
PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864