[Tfug] Simple SQL database

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Jan 21 15:06:00 MST 2010

Hello Hello,

I am starting a new project and will be doing lots of command line bashing...
I am in need of a simple database and don't need the hefty requirements of
mysql, so I wanted to get some ideas or opinions on what to use. I have not
used sqlite in the past, so I'm not sure if that will do what I want.

My requires,

typical sql syntax
easily scriptable
can possibly be accessed using php in the future

This list should not be hard to fit with something. I do not expect the
database to ever get anything larger than tiny, if you know what I mean.
Currently I am using text files and pulling fields out of the text files. My
whole project is (hopefully) realize the speed difference between pulling
information from text files and pulling it from a sql database.

What would you use for a simple sql database with bash scripts?

nathan