[Tfug] linux no longer for amateurs

Tyler Nienhouse flakeparadigm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:57:08 MST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 14:55, erich <erich1 at copper.net> wrote:

>   I've heard it said that the kernel developers no longer want to support
> old
> hardware, but this machine I'm working on is brand new, and is becoming a
> headache to integrate.

That's funny, I just built two brand new systems (in the last 3 months a
server and an desktop) and they are running perfectly, and my laptop I got
in June is working perfectly (thanks to Ubuntu 9.10).

And I am pretty sure drivers for the older hardware are pretty easy to find
on the Internet if you look for the right thing.
--
Tyler