[Tfug] OT: Cell phones

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Tue Jan 5 21:18:26 MST 2010

Bexley Hall wrote:
> My first gotcha is "Usage type".  I see things like:
> - PlanAllow
> - PlanAllow, CallVM
> - IN Allow
> - IN Allow, CallWait
> - N&W
> - N&W,CallVM
> - N&W,PlanAllow,Span
>
> My *guesses* for some of these are:
> - IN ...
> "In Network"?
> - ...Plan Allow...
> covered in "basic monthly premium"?
> - ...Span
> call spans a rate change time (i.e. started at one and ended in another)
> - PlanAllow, CallVM
> check his voice mail?  the "phone number" is always the same
> - ... Call Wait
> another call while he was on the phone with an earlier call

Hi Don

  From http://www.howardforums.com/printthread.php?t=1518517

    The "Plan Allow" minutes are out of your minutes bucket. Everything
    else is unlimited. "Span" means a call is split across two rate
    periods -- Verizon splits the billing on the call as well.

    N&W = nights and weekends
    M2M = mobile to mobile, the old name for IN
    CallVM = call to voice mail
    CallWait = call waiting call

    all IN calls are now called mobile to mobile. all friends and family
    calls are also listed as mobile to mobile. peak,non peak,weekends
    remain same as before as far as what they are when they start/end.
    the only ones to really pay attention to are Plan Allow and
    Voicemail call. the rest are free

  Sorry to hear about the reason for the request, hopefully there aren't
any kids involved.

cheers
  Jeff