[Tfug] [Way OT] Local source of bulk popcorn

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Wed Feb 17 08:14:47 MST 2010

Hi,

On 2/16/10 12:40 PM, Bexley Hall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We eat a *lot* of popcorn.  Our supplier (in feenigs) no longer
> carries our preferred brand of seed (crop failure?).  :<  So,
> we, once again, have to look for a local source.
>
> I am aware of Uncle Bob's's (how do you write a possessive of
> a possessive?  :> ) and Kernel Pops's products.  Other than
> that, I think every other local supplier peddles *popped*
> corn.  :<
>
> Costco seems like they *might* carry Orville Reddenbacher (sp?)
> in small (8 lb) containers -- though I don't see any in stock.
> No idea what Sam's Club carries (we don't have a membership as
> they are clear across town from us).
>
> Any other places that we might try?  Else we'll probably have to
> have it shipped in from Nebraska or someplace similar.  :<

Not local, but truck load delivery.

You have to find a drop point to work with, but most are friendly, and
you have to setup a free account to get access to pricing.  Also there
is a minimum order, $50 I think.

If all you want is a bag of popcorn, let me know, and I can add it to my
next order.  This months order is being delivered today or tomorrow, so
you would need to place your order within about 3 weeks

http://www.azurestandard.com/

You can get smaller amounts of these, if you want to try them.  Also you
can get UPS shipping on non-refrigerated items, but you have to pay
shipping, the refrigerated truck drop off is free.

Multicolored organic 25 pounds - $23.20:
http://www.azurestandard.com/product.php?id=GR171

Yellow, 50 pounds - $34.65:
http://www.azurestandard.com/product.php?id=GR021

Yellow organic, 50 pounds - $37.70: