[Tfug] Network Manager no longer caching passwords

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:23:40 MST 2010

Hi Claude
Man, I wish you better success than I've been having the past couple
weeks. I use the kde version applet with fluxbox, and all hell broke
loose recently. I had to revert to manually ifupdowning my network
until I had a chance to look into it last night. Basically I had to
install the kde4 version from experimental to get anything working
(and that, by the way, almost went horribly wrong when I nearly agreed
to let aptitude merrily remove 139 packages -- lesson: never mix
releases when you are half asleep), but from the reports I was wading
through, I thought the gnome applet was still working ok through the
NM upgrade.

So basically I can offer no help whatsoever, but I enjoy commiserating. :-)
JDR