[Tfug] TFUG T-shirts (Forgot to Fix the Subject)

Mike Martinet mmrtnt at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 4 08:12:46 MST 2010

>Message: 5
>Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 10:56:44 -0700
>From: Claude Rubinson <rubinson at u.arizona.edu>
>To: tfug at tfug.org
>Subject: Re: [Tfug] tfug Digest, Vol 79, Issue 2
>
>On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 07:20:14AM -0800, Mike Martinet wrote:
>> The logo's cool, but felt?  How does that work?  Is it some kind of
>> iron-on?  Any chance of getting them silk-screened?
>
>It would cost more and/or we'd have to place a much larger order.  The
>guy that I'm using is (1) local and (2) can do really small orders.
>I'm not sure of the exact process that he uses but I believe that it's
>some form of industrial-strength iron-on (i.e., not with a hand-iron).
>I currently have a couple of shirts with the vinyl logo and they've
>held up to repeated washings just fine and I expect the same with the
>felt logos.
>
>Incidentally, we did originally try out CafePress (I can't recall
>whether they silkscreen or iron-on) but the logo came out off-center
>and just didn't look very good.
>
>Claude

I think CafePress is vinyl-cut and yeah, it's not good.

I have had decent results with Uberprint, but it is expensive - starts at $15 + shipping, but goes down on volume.

The best results are with a local screen printer - you can get shirts down to $8 - but again, you're right, you'd need to order minimum 24 usually.

I just can't picture this felt though - not sure I've seen it before.

MjM