[Tfug] Firefox security plugins

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Sun Aug 8 18:12:56 MST 2010

On 8 Aug 2010 at 16:38, rlumpy  wrote:

> Those are great, Angus. I'd be an unhappy browser without Adblock,
> although I suppose I subvert the advertising revenue of the whole internet.

[grin] ... they'll get over you missing a few adverts, the sheeple support them
for you.

> Let me add a couple that I use:
>
> WOT -- Web of trust --  gives a rating for each website.

I've thought of using that one, but haven't bothered as I never go anywhere
untrustworthy [Yeah right!] ;-).

> Facebook Purity -- lets you block Facebook apps and messages that you
> don't want to see. Requires Greasemonkey.

I don't use Facebook ;-) and in the past Greasemonkey has had security issues
so I've tried to stay away from any add-ons which require it.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona