[Tfug] How about this for weird wireless.

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Tue Apr 6 20:16:14 MST 2010

Yikes. Sounds like a fun few days for you.

No, it was working great until the printer mishap!

Not sure why, but it looks like the drive UUID changed. You need to
update /etc/fstab with the correct UUID of the drive which you can get
 from running blkid. Also, if it starts to boot, but drops out to shell
part way through, it looks like grub is fine, but fstab is munged, so
you can check the menu.lst and see if the uuid there is different.
Also, if that fails, you could just put the /dev/sda1 or whatever
devicename in fstab to get it working.

This kubuntu has something called grub2, (I think, since I can't find it ... uses the Windows boot loader, I think.) there's a Windows Vista partition on the drive, can't seem to find a device, I think its (0,hd06) and it's not showing up on blkid (thanks for that one); neither do I find a /boot/grub directory, or an /etc/fstab.... I think I'm looking in the right place, ie. media, service, everywhere...

I'm now downloading a new KNOPPIX; always good to a have a new version around.  I'll see what that reveals.

Thanks!

--

This message and any attachments may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.