[Tfug] remastersys

earljviolet at deserthowler.com earljviolet at deserthowler.com
Sun Apr 4 11:20:13 MST 2010

I have found remastersys to be great.  I have been using it on Ubuntu
9.10.  It will do a full system back up to a DVD.  I keep my isos and
video/music on a separate drive and umount this drive before doing the
remaster.

I use this to make a master install Ubuntu install disk with all of the
latest updates.  I don't use proprietary drivers and I don't know how this
would work with them.  It allows me to install Ubuntu on a variety of
machines with no problems.

It is probably a good idea before a system upgrade too ... just in case
you need to get back to the original system.  Ubuntu upgrades have been
known to break things.

Earl

--
If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses.