[Tfug] OT: Dumping Comcast TV. Dish or Direct?

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Sun Sep 27 22:16:56 MST 2009

On 27 Sep 2009 at 19:58, Malcolm Schmerl  wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what's your problem with Comcast, specifically?

On Saturday I called because we weren't getting some channels (among them
Discovery, Food Network, History Channel) through our Comcast box.  The
channels work fine on a TV that is hooked up directly to the line, just not
through the box, and Saturday they told me they'd be out Monday.  I called
again today because now the box has completely crapped out, and with no
explanation the soonest appointment they have is now Friday instead of the
Monday I was told yesterday.  The box which provides other features like a
guide, reminders of shows we want to watch, "On Demand" viewing of past
episodes and digital music channels.

Considering that I'm paying over $60 after taxes and fees for about the same
channel lineup I can get from Dish or Discovery for around $30-$35, I think
it's time to switch.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona