[Tfug] OT?: Redhat in Afghanistan!

Sean Warburton hl2addict at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 06:15:09 MST 2009

Im currently deployed in Afghanistan with the 501st airborne, and every now
and then we have to do convoys, or set up overwatch positions on roads that
have had lots of IED activity. All the vehicles we use (humvees and MRAPs)
have an FBCB2 (Force Battle Control Brigade and aBove) which tracks every
US/coalition vehicle that has an FBCB2 in it, including birds. Its an old
version of redhat and you interact through the touch screen. It connects to
the satellite uplink to give you live updates of hotspots, contact, and
anything else you could want to know. Just got called for QRF, will
elaborate more later, sorry about the abruptness.
     Sean

--
PC-BSD v.1.4 (beta)
ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium