[Tfug] OpenOffice file exports to PDF

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Fri Sep 18 00:36:47 MST 2009

Charles R. Kiss wrote:
> I painstakingly went through each font directory and found that the
> presence of the Deja Vu directory in /usr/share/fonts/truetype, when
> eliminated would no longer cause the previous font errors, so I
> changed all the formula fonts to Nimbus No9L and the wierd fonts
> wouldn't show up (even though I highly doubt they were in the Deja Vu
> font directory.
>
> Instead what happens now is that an empty space appears in the .pdf
> where there were once proper fonts in the .odt; so instead of weird
> fonts, there are no fonts in occasional spaces where there are
> supposed to be numbers.
>
> So, I'm done for the evening -thanks for all your help!!
>
> Charles
>

> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:00:02 -0400, <tfug-request at tfug.org> wrote:
>
>>  Next step is reinstall your fonts and try again

On my systems I have a package that is a font alias, it assigns the
aliases to generic fonts... So a program does not need to know I have
DejaVu Sans installed or FunkyMonkeyMonoSans3 it just requests "sans"
and it works...

Sounds to me like your alias package is corrupt. Not sure what it would
be called. Mine is called xorg-fonts-alias

Try removing/reinstalling that.

nathan