[Tfug] pps's with audio

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:38:02 MST 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think the OP was citing OO (or something similar) and how "big"
> it was *just* to view PPS's.

You're right, originally this was about OOo. I was responding to his
follow up email where he specifically references the linux kernel:

  features shoveled into it that begin to blur its scope. But guess what?
  Us too! The linux kernel, for example, gets ever larger with each
  iteration.

> E.g., if "Linux" were a company, it could never support such
> an inefficient development effort. (How many man *decades* have
> gone into building the kernel?  Is it AT LEAST twice as fast/small
> as comparable kernels out there??)

Some call it inefficient, others call it the power of open source. If
"Linux" were a company, it would have been gone ages ago. And yet,
thanks to its open source development model, it's still here and
powering many enterprise level applications.

James

--
"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on
defending a false image."