[Tfug] gcc and glibc

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Mon Sep 7 17:56:15 MST 2009

I have recently rebuilt my systems using gcc 4.3.4 and glibc-2.10.1 and
I've had nothing but trouble since, especially with firefox and
thunderbird, neither of which seem to run for more than a minute before
segfaulting with NO information output at all...

I'm curious, if you were to build a system from scratch, what gcc and
glibc versions would you use?

I realize linuxfromscratch uses gcc-4.4.1 and glibc-2.10.1 but that does
not mean it is recomended as the most stable.

What would you use and why, or what do you use and why?

nathan