[Tfug] Hackintosh

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 10:23:47 MST 2009

Hi Zack,

[snips throughout]

--- On Sat, 9/5/09, Zack Williams <zdwzdw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hah - "evil updates"?  More like, "We didn't test it on your crappy
> PC, so don't blame us if it breaks".

Exactly!  Vendors barely have time to test things on
"supported hardware (configurations!)" let alone trying to chase
down every conceivable combination of components to see (prove!)
if they do or DON'T work.

> At most, Apple goes after people like Pystar which take copyright
> infringement to a commercial level.  At most they're asking
> non-commercial sites to take down code when it violates their
> copyright.

IANAL.  But, I *think* that part of this is a necessary requirement
if Apple wants to claim copyright protections.  If you don't *defend*
your copyright (patent, etc.) then you "lose" it.  So, folks who are
very *obviously* infringing almost *force* a response (albeit lame)
lest others use this as a *legal* defense for outright theft!