[Tfug] Hackintosh

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Sat Sep 5 08:55:59 MST 2009

Zack Williams wrote:

>> I'd argue that even Apple isn't against that, from a technical
>> perspective - changes they make that stop non-apple hardware from
>> working aren't generally intended to do so...

Exactly. It's well within Apple's ability to push an update that
cripples most Hackintoshes. They don't. Ask yourself why.

It benefits Apple.

> At most, Apple goes after people like Pystar which take copyright
> infringement to a commercial level.  At most they're asking
> non-commercial sites to take down code when it violates their
> copyright.

It's not even _that_ bad. Psystar is dragging down Apple's profits about
as much as a flea drags down a dog.  Apple is using the whole Psystar
case to establish rulings which strengthen their legal footing in other
areas---They're perfectly capable of crushing Psystar if they wanted to.
They aren't. Again, ask yourself why.

It benefits Apple.

As far as i'm concerned, their implicit approval is justification enough.

Cheers,
Bowie