[Tfug] iPods

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:03:14 MST 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Jeff Breadner <jeff at breadner.ca> wrote:

> Don Freeman wrote:
>
>> I spent some time last night playing with the file system on my 30gig
>> iPod.
>> You CAN copy files to it via drag and drop BUT it appears the iPod
>> software
>> uses some kind of database to manage them. So the bad news is that while
>> you
>> can copy them, you probably can't play them. However, if you are willing
>> tolerate windows, there are many alternate desktop softwares available to
>> manage the files other than iTunes. Just Google iPod software. I wasn't
>> able
>> to find any Linux versions though. :(
>> - Don

Has anyone else tried Floola on the list other than me? It works really well
with my 4G Nano, and seems to be very specifically designed for any and
every iPod device (other than the Touch, naturally).

Actually, no installation is required. You just download the program
executable and extract it into a folder in your home directory, and then can
just call it from the command line something like so: "./floola-linux". You
might have to sudo that command, but I can't remember at the sec. I don't
use it everyday, just when I want to swap out our put new music on the Nano.

Matthew