[Tfug] iPods

Don Freeman DFreeman at pagnet.org
Tue Sep 1 08:29:42 MST 2009

I spent some time last night playing with the file system on my 30gig iPod.
You CAN copy files to it via drag and drop BUT it appears the iPod software
uses some kind of database to manage them. So the bad news is that while you
can copy them, you probably can't play them. However, if you are willing to
tolerate windows, there are many alternate desktop softwares available to
manage the files other than iTunes. Just Google iPod software. I wasn't able
to find any Linux versions though. :(

- Don