[Tfug] t60 motherboard..

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Fri Oct 9 09:12:30 MST 2009

On 8 Oct 2009 at 15:22, JD Rogers  wrote:

> Bah! No, see I knew it was water.. the mystery was how it got on my
> laptop.. I even knew I spilled the cup of water in the night, and
> frantically spent 5 minutes drying off the paper with all the phone
> numbers of places I was going to stay.. but I thought it had missed the
> laptop, otherwise I would have spent much more time drying the laptop
> (and at least tuning it off) than the paper.
> You people just had to assume the worst, eh? :-)

I had an old P75 IBM Thinkpad that I dumped a cup of coffee on.  It was cheaper
to buy a used unit than for IBM to replace the MB and KBD so I just pulled the
RAM and HD and put them in the refurbed unit.  A few months later my kid, 12 at
the time, wanted to see the insides of a laptop so we pulled the dead unit
apart.  After we put it back together, on a whim I fired it up and it worked!
Just needed some time in the desert to dry out, I guess.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona