[Tfug] Tweet from Michael Foord (@voidspace)

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 00:46:33 MST 2009

We can pick whatever level of stability we want.  Debian stable for
example is VERY damned stable, Ubuntu's LTS releases almost as much
(after the first month or so of post-release debugging).

Or, some of us with more guts than brains run more to the bleeding
edge, figuring we can fix what breaks in exchange for more cool
features.  And yeah, Gentoo basically leans that way bigtime as does
Sidux, the latest Fedora, pre-release Ubuntus (Karmic is cool even
though it doesn't auto-load Metacity right now!).

So?

We have CHOICE.  We're FREE.  We might end up making bad choices but
hey, that's what freedom looks like.  Don't like it?  Go pay through
the nose for a Mac, or hide behind a ton of crapware laughably named
"security software" in the hope that it will protect your horrible
little prey species known as "Windows" while Balmer and company rapes
your wallet as often as they can.

Free rocks.