[Tfug] Tweet from Michael Foord (@voidspace)

erich erich1 at copper.net
Fri Oct 2 13:41:44 MST 2009

OK,
           I've used many flavors of Linux. Why? because one can "look
under the hood", so to speak,
and see a little bit of how things run. Just as with a car, one doesn't
have to be a mechanical design
engineer to see how well and engine runs. So, too, you don't have to be
an expert at multi-threaded
OS's to see something of how a kernel runs.

           Now we come to Gentoo. Believe me it's a real challenge. I'm
convinced that there are
problems that show up during the build process that would turn a Ubuntu
user's knees to Jello.
However we always find a way to fix it, and make a box fly like a
well-tuned symphony orchestra.

            That's the dismaying thing about Twitter.  It limits the
number of words  in a message
so that a reader is left with a loss of meaning.

Erich