[Tfug] suspend to ram question

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Sat Nov 7 09:14:12 MST 2009

On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 09:03:59AM -0600, JD Rogers wrote:
> Seconded. I actually have had uptimes of something like 5 months
> before on my t21 and similar with my t60 and that includes 2 daily
> commutes to and from work and often cross-country trips to conferences
> without ever shutting down. On my system, suspendtoram would last at
> least a week starting with a full battery, maybe more. I only ever
> went about 2 days suspended on a camping trip with the laptop left in
> the car, but it was down maybe 10-15% when I resumed, so I assume a
> week would be fine.

When I switched my T40 from APM to ACPI a few years back, my battery
drain during suspend-to-ram increased pretty significantly.  ACPI is
still pretty much of a mystery to me and I generally don't suspend for
more than a couple of days at least, so I never tracked down the
culprit, but the higher discharge was disappointing.

Claude