[Tfug] suspend to ram question

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 08:03:59 MST 2009

> It's absolutely 100% fine.  Many people, myself included, always do
> this.  Frankly, I find it surprising that others don't.  There's
> literally no advantage to hibernating or shutting down, except for
> saving some battery life.

Seconded. I actually have had uptimes of something like 5 months
before on my t21 and similar with my t60 and that includes 2 daily
commutes to and from work and often cross-country trips to conferences
without ever shutting down. On my system, suspendtoram would last at
least a week starting with a full battery, maybe more. I only ever
went about 2 days suspended on a camping trip with the laptop left in
the car, but it was down maybe 10-15% when I resumed, so I assume a
week would be fine.