[Tfug] Yes, I remember how I claimed Apple was at war with Hackintoshes.

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Tue Nov 3 08:46:56 MST 2009

Jim March wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Bowie J. Poag <bpoag at comcast.net
> <mailto:bpoag at comcast.net>> wrote:
>

>     OS X relies on the Darwin kernel, which is open source.
>
>     All this means is that you'll need to point your system to a kernel
>     not provided by Apple -- which (surprise!) most hackintosh users are
>     already doing anyway...
>

> For geek users, sure, absolutely.
>
> For ordinary non-geeks?  This is evidence Apple is actively "hunting"
> Hackintosh installs and this is only the beginning.  Non-geeks won't be
> able to keep up, which is all Apple cares about.
>
> I installed four Ubuntu systems for three people in the last two weeks
> alone.  They're doing great.  Could I do the same with Hackintoshes?

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix on my Acer Aspire One (8.9") at
the weekend, and all I can say is wow! With just a few mouse clicks and
no typing it found and set up both my networked printers (Brother laser
and Epson inkjet).

The user interface is clear and easy to use. Flash videos play smoothly.
The new software installation app has been redesigned and is easier to use.

I don't see how an Apple OS could make it easier to use than this... at
least on netbooks anyway.

Andy

--
Andy