[Tfug] Yes, I remember how I claimed Apple was at war with Hackintoshes.

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 05:22:12 MST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Bowie J. Poag <bpoag at comcast.net> wrote:

> OS X relies on the Darwin kernel, which is open source.
>
> All this means is that you'll need to point your system to a kernel not
> provided by Apple -- which (surprise!) most hackintosh users are already
> doing anyway...

For geek users, sure, absolutely.

For ordinary non-geeks?  This is evidence Apple is actively "hunting"
Hackintosh installs and this is only the beginning.  Non-geeks won't be able
to keep up, which is all Apple cares about.

I installed four Ubuntu systems for three people in the last two weeks
alone.  They're doing great.  Could I do the same with Hackintoshes?  Nope.
For starters they're running systems not compatible with Hackintoshing in
the first place, and second, there's no way I'm going to run all over town
every time Apple does another round of attack.

And that's why Hackintoshing is NOT the answer versus Linux.

Jim