[Tfug] question

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Wed May 13 09:27:01 MST 2009

doug1 at email.arizona.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>  I dont know if this is the correct forum for this problem, I have a windows
> 2000 server box that generates excel files every friday. The excel files have
> to be moved to a unix computer they are on the same network(i.e the U of AZ) is
> their anyway to automate this process?

You could also Samba share the destination directory on the UNIX
machine, then use Windows Scheduler to "move c:\somedir\file1.xls
\\unixhost\sambashare\file1.xls"

The Samba share can be locked down to only allow connections from a
specific IP address, and if you use "security = share" and "guest ok =
yes" then you can do this copy without needing to provide a password.

JB