[Tfug] Apple Mac OS X: tool of Godless Darwinists and Communist / TROLL ALERT?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 13:55:52 MST 2009

--- On Mon, 6/22/09, bpoag at comcast.net <bpoag at comcast.net> wrote:

> Now, now... There's obviously a pretty wide swath of
> possible interpretations for different religious texts,
> ranging from the calm and non-confrontational all the way to
> the radical and bizarre. Christianity included. Try not to
> let the fringes define the mean.
>
> I can see the imprint of God in "bizarre" things
> like bacterial growth patterns, plant behavior, and the
> shape of magnetic feild lines.. That will differ from
> someone else's view of God. That doesn't mean I (or
> they) want to fire a stun grenade through the window of an
> abortion clinic.
>
> When you get down to it, people do use religion in place of
> logic and reason, that's true. But even outside of
> religion, and there's a long track record of human
> beings chosing what's comfortable but wrong over
> what's difficult but right. Something you and I are
> guilty of, independent of a belief in a supposedly
> undetectible invisible time-travelling superhero. :)

On a truly serious note, why do you think people become
"zealots"?  (this is not a rhetorical question)  If you
*truly* "believe" (whatever you happen to believe), then
why care about what others "believe"?  (let's please avoid
the cop-out replies...)

I mean, if I find what *I* consider to be the best Italian
restaurant in town, I *may* mention it to folks -- or, I
may *not* (since if it becomes too popular as a result of my
"advertising", I may find it harder or less enjoyable to
partake of their delights).  But, I certainly wouldn't
be "in your face" about PUSHING it onto folks.  (and I
certainly wouldn't set about demolishing other restaurants
to punish them for not being as good as "The Chosen")

Personally, I think zealots are insecure, at their core.
As if they are afraid they may not have made the "right"
decision and need to see (encourage) others to make the
*same* decision as if to validate their own choice (belief).

[note that I don't limit this to *religious* zealots but to
zealots of all types]

<shrug>  My attitude is that *my* choices "work for me".  *If*
they work for you, fine.  If they don't, that's fine too!  I
don't have any interest in spending time trying to convince
you that they *should* be right for you...