[Tfug] Apple Mac OS X: tool of Godless Darwinists and Communist

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Fri Jun 19 22:48:32 MST 2009

On 20 Jun 2009 at 10:11, Matthew Patenaude  wrote:

> These web sites make real Christians very angry. I am one (Baptist, to
> boot), and these idiots disgust me. I know a lot about these guys, and
> they have essentially no knowledge about the Bible, and about the Lord
> Jesus Christ. But then, every ideology can and tends to be hijacked by
> people who desire to use it for their own perverted ways.

------- Included Stuff Follows -------
holy wars

    Great holy wars of the past have included ITS vs.: Unix, Unix vs.: VMS,
    BSD Unix vs.: System V, C vs.: Pascal, C vs.: FORTRAN, etc. In the year
    2003, popular favorites of the day are KDE vs, GNOME, vim vs. elvis, Linux
    vs. [Free|Net|Open]BSD. Hardy perennials include EMACS vs.: vi, my
    personal computer vs.: everyone else's personal computer, ad nauseam. The
    characteristic that distinguishes holy wars from normal technical disputes
    is that in a holy war most of the participants spend their time trying to
    pass off personal value choices and cultural attachments as objective
    technical evaluations. This happens precisely because in a true holy war,
    the actual substantive differences between the sides are relatively minor.
    See also theology.

--------- Included Stuff Ends ---------
More here with links: http://catb.org/jargon/html/H/holy-wars.html

See also http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acatb.org+wars

See also, "One Microsoft Way -- not just an address, a way of life!"
    http://www.google.com/search?q=One+Microsoft+Way

> Did anyone note the "an older, obsolete OS called BSD" crack? :) And
> 'open source is just another name for communism'? These guys are wacko.

You just can't make this stuff up!  Or at least you don't need to ....