[Tfug] Router testing

Don Freeman DFreeman at pagnet.org
Thu Jun 18 09:09:14 MST 2009

Hi all -

I'm having a problem with my home wireless setup. About 3 mos. ago my
Netgear router died and I replaced it with a new Linksys WRT54G2. It
installed and worked fine. However a few days ago the wireless PC was either
unable to connect or it connected with a very low signal strength. So I
replaced the adapter card with a new one and it now connects OK. BUT the
data transfer rate is painfully slow. Does anyone know how I can test
whether the problem is the router or the adapter short of replacing
components?

The hardwired PC works fine.

Thanks

Don W. Freeman